WARNING: Distressing images
A mum has issued an urgent warning to shoppers after making a “disgusting” discovery in an iconic Aussie dessert, recently purchased from Coles.
The Sydney mother claims she found a used band-aid in a tub of YoGo chocolate yoghurt dessert just minutes before serving it to her one-year-old daughter.
For more Lifestyle related news and videos check out Lifestyle >>
Photos shared by the mum shows what appears to be a used and discoloured band-aid that is soggy from being immersed in the popular snack.
A Bega Group spokesperson has told 7NEWS.com.au that the company is urgently investigating the mother’s claims (see full statement below).
In a Facebook post, the mum urged other parents to be wary of the YoGo incident.
“Firstly, I’m only sharing this for awareness as this is a ‘kids yoghurt’. I am not after compensation,” she wrote.
The mum shared this image of what appears to be a used band-aid, found in a tub of YoGo. Credit: Supplied
Coles customer lets rip over anti-theft trolley fail: ‘What?!’
“PLEASE STIR THROUGH FOOD BEFORE EATING. Infested, disgusting, non-hospitality-friendly band-aid found in this yoghurt.
“I’m so relieved that my toddler didn’t eat this.
“Please, please be careful guys.
“Purchased at Coles Westmead. Obviously YoGo yoghurt staff don’t have proper hygiene standards at their workplace.”
The mum made just discovery before serving it to her one-year-old daughter. Credit: Supplied
Speaking to 7NEWS.com.au, a friend of the concerned mum said it had been a distressing experience.
“My friend is outraged and distraught over the incident. Thankfully her daughter did not consume the poisoned product,” she said.
She went on to say that she was alarmed that Yogo was still available in stores.
“Shouldn’t there be a recall out on this product?” she said.
“I mean it’s a children’s product. And there is a clear breach of health and safety here!”
Bega, who produces Yogo, has told 7NEWS.com.au that the company is taking the customer’s claims seriously.
“As soon as we were made aware of this, we commenced working with our broader team to conduct a thorough investigation which is still underway,” a Bega Group spokesperson said.
“The safety of our consumers and quality of our product is, as always, the top priority.”
The foreign matter was found in a 12-pack of Yogo chocolate yoghurt dessert. Credit: Supplied